Wednesday, June 29, 2016

#UberSucks: Uber's Shocking Treatment of Its Customers in India


Read this letter (the latest in correspondence with Uber India). I think it explains everything. 

Dear Rxxx*, (That's a guy in the Uber Customer Harassment Department)

I'm sick of Uber. In March 2016, I almost missed my train (2 AC fare) because of the shenanigans of your Uber driver. You seem to take sadistic pleasure in harassing your customers. You did not compensate me for the shock and agony, but imposed Rs 60 as cancellation charges at that time. After lengthy correspondence in March 2016 itself, you agreed to waive the charges. But I did not take a Uber cab for 3 months because I was 'once bitten twice shy'! 

On June 26, because I was not keeping well, I had to hire a cab. I checked out my Uber app and was shocked to find the Rs 60 still outstanding. Immediately I switched on to Ola, and fortunately I could get a cab and could make an important trip outside the City. Had I relied on you, I would have met with another disgusting 'March' experience. 

When I returned home in the evening (by an Ola cab booked by my host) I found that you sent emails to me saying that the Rs 60 outstanding had been cancelled by you. But instead you imposed Rs 50 fresh cancellation charges for a mythical trip made by one NageSHAM at the unearthly hour of 3.28 A.M. I tried to contact you through Uber Support but found it very frustrating. Then I put up my plea on Facebook, but you ignored it. My friends also tried to help; you ignored them too. Then I got on to Twitter, and noticed that you were responding to tweets. Of course, you keep patting yourself on the back with posts and tweets full of compliments (from your Uber Staff) and pretending that things are hunky-dory when actually your treatment of customers in India is SHOCKING (to say the least!). You guys are adept at propaganda; but don't think you can get away with your bullying and harassment of poor customers through imposing mindless cancellation charges. 

Somehow, after hours of effort, I could access my Uber account and noticed the mythical trip and took a Print Screen shot of it, just in case. You have come up with a cock-and-bull excuse for that Rs 50 which you imposed on me. Now you say that you tried to call me but couldn't access me; that's a LIE! So you think by crediting me with Rs 150 you can get away with your bullying and harassment and the sadistic pleasure you get by imposing cancellation charges to tease and harass customers? 

I find your letters very callous and stupid (asinine describes Uber!). You have no ethics or principles, and are bent on fleecing the poor Indian customer. If I don't get a call and apology from your Manager in Hyderabad, I am going to make this whole messy Uber Affair public over the Internet, so that unwary and innocent customers don't fall for your glib and lying talk. Your attitude is condescending and arrogant. I don't think you understand English. You lack  basic courtesies. Your email replies are obtuse prevarications.(No wonder the Delhi CM took strong action against you!) 

Do you think we are cheap third-rate customers that a global 'start-up' like you can do whatever you like with us? Your lying, your stupidity, your arrogance, and the nerve you have to write such disgraceful emails, avoiding responsibility! I demand proper redressal and also compensation for the harassment you caused in March 2016 and now in June 2016. If you don't respond in a proper way, from somebody senior and decent enough, this matter will go right to the top of your Uber pyramid, and your Uber Boss will know what is happening to ignorant unwary innocent customers of Uber in India. This is nothing but high-handed and ruthless exploitation by a stupid corporate called Uber! You guys make me #Ubersick. Yes, #UberSucks!

Disgusted, Infuriated and Horrified by your Heartless and Apathetic Attitude

P

No comments: